2017年11月27日月曜日

A Little Princess

 Sara is a very rich little girl. She first comes to England when she is seven, and her father takes her to Miss Minchin's school in London. Then he goes back to his work in India. Sara is very sad at first, but she soon makes friends at school.
 But on her eleventh birthday, something terrible happens, and now Sara has no family, no home, and not a penny in the world... (quotation from a back cover)


 While I was reading the story, I guessed it was like an anti Cinderella story at first, but it is not in the end. she is a good girl from the begining to the end of the story though she loses all things she had. In even a terrible situation, she continues to try to become a brave girl for her father. So, a little girl Sara is described with many negative words in the story like poor, cold and sad, but she do not give up keeping her dream.
 I want to recommend you to read this book when you are dispirited. She may make you fine.


Book Review

Frances Hodgson Burnett,(2000) A Little Princess, Oxford University Press, Oxford

5 件のコメント:

  1. It is the book you told me at the last class, and I am interested in it. I want to raed it.

    返信削除
  2. I read this book at one time and I like it!

    返信削除
  3. I respect the girl who is the main character of the story. I try to read it!:>

    返信削除
  4. I have ever read this book! It's very interesting!

    返信削除
  5. I have ever read this book. It is a good story. I want to try to give up easily and make an effort.

    返信削除

The African Mask

 “One day Janet gets a letter from her old boyfriend Donald McKinnon. He invites her to visit him in Scotland. But when she gets there stran...